Join us! We’re always on the lookout for talented people with skills in sales, web development, GIS, computer programming, flood modelling and remote sensing.
We are looking for a WordPress Developer intern to work on a project to refresh a well-established website with a strong SEO presence. to improve the user experience and drive lead generation. This is an opportunity to upskill yourself in a leading technology company that is delivering climatic risk data and insights to the (re)insurance, lending and property investment sectors amongst others. You will be exposed to working with a team of stakeholders to drive the message of how our climate suite products and services help. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated recent graduate/current student interested in pursuing a career in website development.
This is a paid internship in the UK.
Location: Remote working but local to Sussex
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, sometimes other key stakeholders to gather requirements and execute the project plan which includes making back- and front-end changes to a current website.
- Communicate regularly with the team to help maintain efficiency in the delivery process and be able to consistently deliver to schedule.
- Demonstrate an ability to suggest ideas, solve problems creatively and integrate these into logical solutions that are focussed on the users’ needs.
- Apply best-practice SEO techniques to maintain current search engine ranking and maximise future search engine visibility.
- Test and validate designs.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in using WordPress.
- Back-end web experience and knowledge (PHP).
- Demonstrable experience of user experience (UX) and interaction design.
- Pursuing/completed a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Previous experience working as part of a team delivering to a project schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your work across web projects, which ideally showcases relatable projects in WordPress design.
To apply email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.