5 Reasons to use Ambiental for Sourcing OS Data
As a strategic partner and a value added reseller of OS data, Ambiental can provide licenses for OS data to the financial services industry.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, held in high regard globally for the quality and completeness of the spatial data they produce. OS datasets form integral inputs to Ambiental’s risk modelling processes.
Our market leading FloodScore and FloodScore Climate data is formed from OS AddressBase, namely through utilisation of the high accuracy geo-coordinates. Additionally, AddressBase provides approved addressing records for England, Wales and Scotland based on Local Authority holdings of the National Land and Property Gazetteer (NLPG) and One Scotland Address Gazetteer (OSG). Other attribution includes property level coordinates and details on the use and type of an address, which are crucial for our market leading exposure analysis processes.
The purchasing and integration of OS data through Ambiental affords customers the following advantages:
- Ambiental offers cost effective and competitive pricing of OS datasets. We are experienced in supplying their data and advising our customers on how to onboard OS data and find the right product for their needs.
- OS datasets will typically require processing by specialist developers to integrate them into your business workflow. Ambiental takes care of this work to offer data which is pre-compiled and ready to use straight away - saving you time and money.
- Ambiental FloodScore and FloodScore Climate data is built using OS AddressBase, so we are experts in using the data. Our excellent customer support means that any questions regarding the products which we supply are dealt with promptly and thoroughly.
4. The design of FloodScore means that we can associate a wide range of other third-party data pinned to each address record – not just flood risk. For existing customers, we already supply groundwater flooding data, tree risk data, subsidence risk data, crime risk data, property attributes data, Energy Performance Certificate data and much more – all data is conveniently associated with a common Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN) identifier.
5. Through using our single entity licensing it means that adding OS products and other third-party datasets to an existing Ambiental contract is very simple – reducing the time spent reviewing legal contracts and performing supplier due diligence checks.