Quickly evaluate and quantify flood risk to property in Europe
We are rolling out our FloodScore product across Europe, designed to support insurers, banks and lenders in making quicker, more accurate decisions around flood risk
Europe FloodScore™ provides property-level flood risk scores and flood risk information for all properties in European countries and covers both residential and commercial premises. This highly granular data can be used to quickly evaluate and quantify flood risk from all flood sources. It’s available as a full or partial database, or as spatial layers.
Europe FloodScore uses Ambiental’s advanced flood modelling techniques, and integrates the most complete and up-to-date flood and building stock data available. It also incorporates the most current hydrology data and complete IfSAR coverage for the pertaining country.
The data provides a convenient overall, combined flood score risk, whilst also allowing interrogation of the underlying different flood mechanisms relating to flood return periods and depths for each flood source. The data also provides an indication of the future flood risk based on the impacts of climate change.
Ambiental FloodMap fluvial data for Switzerland
- Optimise pricing and reduce loss ratios
- Better accumulation control
- More consistent flood underwriting
- Quicker and easier to access flood risk
- Consistent view of flood risk across all European countries
“As a result of extreme weather events and climate change, we’re starting to see an increased frequency of river, tidal and pluvial flood events happening across the UK, Europe and internationally.
In response to that, the new Europe FloodMap and FloodScore products we are rolling out use the latest high-resolution digital terrain models to predict flooding from all sources down to individual property level. These allow us to write and price risk much more accurately and cost-effectively than was previously possible.”
Dr Justin Butler, CEO, Ambiental
At a Glance
- Instant online access to the most current flood risk data
- Provides a single easy-to-compare, AAL-based flood risk score for each property
- Matches flood data to country specific address data
- Covers 100% of properties in each country
- Considers risk from rivers, tidal waters and rainfall
- Includes information on flood depth
- Provides a range of return periods
- Uses hydrological and 2D hydraulic modelling and detailed topography
- Validated against actual flooding and claims data from recent events
- Regularly updated
Providing climate resilience to global organisations including insurers and reinsurers, bankers, investors, national and local governments.
Improve capital allocation, strengthen flood underwriting strategy and optimise your reinsurance.
New Zealand FloodScore™
View property-level flood risk scores and risk information. Quickly evaluate and quantify flood risk to any property in New Zealand