FloodScore™ Property API
FloodScore™ Property API
Use our most current property flood risk data in your system
Using the FloodScore™ Property API, you can call up and integrate the data you need from our FloodScore™ Property Database as and when you need it. You always have access to the most current data, and there are no costs for data hosting or data management.
A visualisation showing how FloodScore works
At a Glance
- Includes an easy-to-compare AAL-based flood risk score for each property
- Matches each address with a Unique Property Reference Number (UPRN)
- Can be used for commercial and residential risk rating
- Covers 100% of properties in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Considers risk from rivers, tidal waters, groundwater and rainfall
- Includes information on flood depth
- Provides a range of return periods
- Uses hydrological and 2D hydraulic modelling and LiDAR wherever available.
- Validated against actual flooding and claims data from recent events
- Regularly updated
- Designed to support better Flood Receding decisions
The FloodScore Property API (application programming interface) uses the most complete and up-to-date flood risk data available to quantify the likelihood of an individual property being flooded due to rainfall, overflowing rivers or tidal surges. Besides providing an overall flood risk score for every property, it also classifies the flood risk as being Negligible, Minimal, Moderate, High or Extreme.
Our team can help you integrate FloodScore with your own underwriting systems and adapt our flood score risk rating index to fit your flood underwriting strategy and your appetite for risk.
The FloodScore API subscription fee is based on the number of properties you want to check each year. All packages are based on an annual contract, and offer a flexible licensing structure.
- Improved loss ratios
- Better accumulation control
- More consistent flood underwriting
- Quicker and easier to assess flood risk
- Always on and current
For an insurer focused on making the most of technology, a flood risk data partner with a similar approach was exactly what was needed.
A subscription-based online property-level flood data service. Includes flood risk scores for every property in the UK.
FloodScore™ Property Database
Property-level flood risk information for 100% of UK properties. Available as full, regional or portfolio-specific database.
Approximately 6 million properties are at risk from some form of flooding in the UK.