Highly precise flood risk assessment tool for the Republic of Ireland
Our flood mapping tool specifically for Ireland enables underwriters, planners and others to make better decisions and improve control over losses.
At a Glance
- Detailed visualisations of potential flood risks throughout the Republic of Ireland
- Covers 100% of properties in Ireland with building-level precision
- Models all major sources of flooding
- Major urban areas modelled on LiDAR
- Enhanced approaches for resolving off-floodplain risks
- Full range of return periods
- Flexible delivery and integration to enhance your flood risk strategy
Republic of Ireland Floodmap of the river Shannon, flood outline (in blue).
Floods are a natural and inescapable part of life in the Republic of Ireland. They might be caused by overflowing rivers, coastal storms and blocked or overworked drainage systems. The subsequent risk to property can be particularly acute in urban areas. Our Ireland FloodMap addresses this complexity by being the first to use the highest-level topographical data, LiDAR, and the most current hydrological science provided by the OPW’s Flood Studies Update.
Clear presentation of flood risk scenarios
Covering 100% of the country, Ireland FloodMap equips insurers with accurate, detailed and easy-to-understand flood information for all major sources of flooding – river, tidal, and surface water (pluvial). It enables you to quickly present flood risk scenarios to customers, brokers or underwriting teams visually, or by means of a flood risk score.
Flexible licensing options and industry-leading support
Ireland FloodMap is available with highly flexible and cost-effective licensing options. Our team of flood risk specialists are always on hand to advise you on how to get the most from the data, support you on deep-dive site analyses, and help you with integration.
Ireland FloodMap is regularly validated and calibrated using actual flood events in Ireland.
- Visualisations of potential flood risks make it easy to identify potential flooding issues
- Helps insurers, government agencies, property developers and emergency response services make better decisions around flood risk
- Assists in planning best responses to floods
- Helps you optimise pricing and improve loss ratios
- Increases confidence in your portfolio management
- Allows you to quickly assess new underwriting opportunities
We use flood forecasting to predict flow rates and water levels for periods ranging from a few hours to several days ahead.
UKFloodMap4™ allows you to see and analyse flood hazards and flood depths for different flood sources and return periods.
FloodScore™ Property provides property-level flood risk scores and flood risk information for all properties in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Uses 2m precision Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSI) LiDAR data in urban areas of Dublin, Limerick, Galway and Cork.
Get in Touch
To get a quote or to discuss what you need, contact Ted Bartholomeusz
Call me on 01273 006 966 or email at email@example.com